Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Sound continues to innovate in new ways to provide quality care and reduce costs. By unifying hospital medicine and critical care programs under the Sound umbrella we have been able to improve care delivery stay and receive higher patient satisfaction. As a way to better hear the voices in communities we serve, Sound takes HCAHPS seriously. Not surprisingly, Sound’s integrated programs have 2.4% higher average HCAHPS scores than non-integrated programs as quality care methods can be better implemented when both the hospital medicine and critical care programs unite. This is a direct result of successful efficiency measures implemented by a united approach to medicine.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a 391-bed community acute care medical and surgical hospital founded in 1895 and is located in Rockland County, NY. Its mission is to provide competent, innovative, and accessible emergency and acute care services to Rockland County residents and surrounding areas Nyack Hospital is a member of the Montefiore Health System and a partner with Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, providing clinical rotations to third-year medical students.
- Established team of 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse (includes dedicated nocturnists)
- No call environment; No procedures required
- Closed ICU; Intensivist support from Sound’s own critical care physicians
- Hospitalist and Intensivist attend RRT, Hospitalist attend codes
- Teaching and Academic appointment available with medical students from Albert Einstein School of Medicine
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off, 7am-7pm
- Traditional adult hospitalist responsibilities along with a newborn assessment component
- BC/BE in family medicine; Must have current training in newborn assessments
Awards and Accolades:
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Healogics – Wound Care Center of Distinction
- American College of Surgeons – Union State Bank Center at Montefiore Nyack Hospital Accredited with Commendation
- Recipient of Outstanding Achievement AwardNew York State – Stroke Center Designation
- The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission accreditation in Adult Transthoracic and Adult Transesophageal
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement Program
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
The hospital is located along the Hudson River and offers easy access to both Upstate New York and the New York City metro area. Nyack’s unique location provides physicians with the opportunity to live in this quaint town or closer to the city, for a more urban environment. The hospital is a long-standing employer in Nyack and supports the local community through employee engagement and sponsorship.
Location/Region: Nyack, NY (10960)