Country, city or lake life can be yours. Helen Keller Hospital in the Shoals is looking for a full time Occupational Medicine Physician for our Working Fit Clinic. This outpatient clinic is geared toward employee health and wellness. NO call, No weekends and NO holidays.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Generous 401K Plan
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- CME allowance
- Stipend & signing bonus are negotiable
Occupational physicians evaluate the interaction between work and health. They are responsible for employee health and must:
- have knowledge of worksite operations
- help prevent work-related ill health & injuries
- be familiar with toxic properties of materials
- be familiar with hazards and stressors of work processes
- determine an employee's physical and emotional abilities for work
- advise on fitness, workplace safety, prevention of occupational injuries, and disease
- diagnose and treat occupational diseases and handle injuries
- possess knowledge of rehabilitation methods
- provide rehabilitation to help individuals return to work
- recommend/implement policies to maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- give advice on alternative suitable work for people with health problems
- recommend adjustments in the workplace to help people stay at work
- have knowledge of workers' compensation laws; local, state, and federal
- be able to organize and manage the delivery of health services
- ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
The four adjacent towns of Florence, Sheffield, Muscle Shoals, and Tuscumbia are on the banks of the Tennessee River and make up what we call “The Shoals”. Because these towns are so intertwined, the residents here enjoy a quality of life and a variety of activities usually only found in much larger metropolitan areas.
We are located just a few miles from Tennessee and Mississippi with access to three major airports. Huntsville is approximately an hour away, while Birmingham and Nashville are about 2 to 2 ½. This proximity offers greater shopping and arts and entertainment venues as well.
The Shoals is the site for the:
- Alabama Renaissance Faire- October
- Arts Alive
- Heritage Days
- Freedom of America Celebration on the fourth of July
- Trail of Tears Celebration
- W.C. Handy Music Festival
- Helen Keller Festival and much more!
We are an outdoor lover's dream. Golfers pick from a variety of public and private courses, including the most spectacular courses in the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. The river and its system of lakes offers a variety of recreational activities including beautiful public parks, camping areas and walking trails. In the spring, neighborhoods come alive with flowering dogwoods and azaleas, and the downtown areas buzz with activity as restaurants move tables to the sidewalk and enjoy another change of season.
There's plenty to do indoors, as well. The Kennedy-Douglass and Tennessee Valley Art Centers offer exhibits, classes and juried shows. Theater groups and dance studios perform; museums offer educational programs. The University of North Alabama is a large contributor to our cultural life, with its choral groups, The Shoals Symphony, and theater performances.
A mix of manufacturing, service industries, retail, medical and financial institutions give the Shoals stability and strength. This is a shopping and medical hub for the tri-state area. The Shoals is the sixth largest market in Alabama and offers numerous opportunities for business investment and enhanced quality of life.
Location/Region: Sheffield, AL (35660)