- Organizes and conducts daily therapeutic programs to facilitate rehabilitation of people with psychosocial illnesses; assesses, maintains and develops programs to enhance social, cognitive, physical and emotional functioning of patients.
- Perform assessment for functional and rehabilitative needs that may include activities of daily living, community living skills, social, leisure and vocational skills, self care.
- Provide quality therapeutic recreational and expressive therapy in group or individual setting.
- Educate patient, family, caregiver in skills applicable for discharge plan.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary care process.
- Perform other department activities such as, but not limited to documentation, billing, support of department operations, etc
- Knowledge of therapeutic processes, growth and development, limit setting, behavior management and establishing/maintaining therapeutic relationships and boundaries appropriate to age of patient population served.
- Professional initiative, objectivity, good time management and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to interdisciplinary patient care delivery.
- Physical, cognitive and perceptual ability to provide appropriate patient therapies.
Bachelor's degree and graduate of an accredited school in Therapeutic Recreation, Art Therapy, Music Therapy or Occupational Therapy.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Certification or licensure in respective field.
- Non-violent crisis prevention training within 3 months of employment.
This position is located in the Parma Medical Center and is part of UH Hospitals University Psychiatric Center Hanna Pavilion
- Previous mental health experience or related services in health care facility preferred.
Location/Region: Parma, OH (44129)