The Minneapolis VA Healthcare System (MVAHCS), Minneapolis MN, is recruiting a Board Certified (BC) / Board Eligible (BE) General Gastroenterologist to fill a "bread & butter" Gastroenterology position, to practice within the full scope of Gastroenterology, to include diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with gastrointerstinal diseases according to evidenced based methods. The MVAHCS is academically affiliated with the University of Minnesota and selected GI physician will be considered for academic appointment and will be expected to participate in educational program for gastroenterology fellows, medical residents and medical students. Depending upon the physician's clinical / professional interests and qualifications, will have opportunity and support to pursue research interests, develop clinical programs and other academic goals. The MVAHCS is a a 309-bed affiliated teaching hospital and enjoys the distinction of having one of the largest education and training programs in the VA Healthcare System.
• Must be a Citizen of the U.S. (Non-US-Citizens may also be considered)
• Must have current unrestricted U.S. medical license
• Must be BC / BE in Gastroenterology
With a population of 425,403 people and 116 constituent neighborhoods, Minneapolis is the largest community in Minnesota. Minneapolis has an unusually large stock of pre-World War II architecture, making it one of the older and more historic cities. Minneapolis is also a city of artists and has more artists, designers and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America. This concentration of artists helps shape Minneapolis’s character. Minneapolis and St. Paul not only have big-city amenities like museums and sports stadiums, but also have an approachable Midwestern feel. Separated by the Mississippi River, the Twin Cities are considered one metropolitan area but actually include two unique cities, featuring downtown cosmopolitan cores surrounded by distinctive neighborhoods and suburban communities. St. Paul, Minnesota's capital, offers residents a historic atmosphere with parks, government offices and museums. The Summit Hill neighborhood is filled with grand historic homes like the James J. Hill mansion, while Grand Avenue showcases the city lifestyle with bungalow-style homes, locally owned eateries and boutique shopping. About 12 miles west, Minneapolis – once known as The Flour Milling Capital of the World – features a mix of historic architecture and contemporary skyscrapers, as well as a bevy of restaurants, bars and entertainment venues. The 17-block area known as Eat Street offers more than 50 dining options. The geographic location and climate in The Land of 10,000 Lakes play an important role in the culture of the area, with residents taking advantage of the changing seasons. Locals embrace the harsh winters and partake in hockey, ice fishing and cross-country skiing. During the spring, summer and fall, Minneapolis and St. Paul come alive with outdoor music festivals, baseball games at Target Field and recreational opportunities on the area's lakes.
Benefits and Features:
• Expected Salary range for well qualified Gastroenterologist will range from $265,000.00 to $350,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidates may also be considered for Recruitment Incentive and eligibility to apply for up to $200,000 in education loan repayment award thru the VA's Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP)..
• The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
• Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
• Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
• Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
About the VA:
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further:
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant.
Location/Region: Minneapolis, MN (55417)