Responsible for auditing coded outpatient medical records following official coding guidelines and regulatory requirements.
1. Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
2. Audit outpatient coding medical records verifying the accuracy of ICD-10 CM and CPT 4 coded assignments. Provide education to the outpatient coding staff and contract staff.
3. Reviews and responds to all external outpatient coding denials.
4. Support outpatient manager with coding questions, denials and any educational needs that arise.
5. Supports special projects and business analysis as requested.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of HIM.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Proficient in basic computer skills
Required Work Experience: 3 years outpatient coding experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics.
Memorial Support Services provides a variety of business services to support our facilities. The main offices are located in Miramar with satellite offices located throughout our system.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Miramar, FL