Provides patient care under the direction of a physician, physician's assistant, and/or registered nurse.
1. Performs technical procedures as delegated, including but not limited to establishing IV access, performing ECGs and vital statistics/telemetry monitoring, collecting specimens, providing wound care, and transporting patients.
2. Assists physicians and nurses with performing medical procedures, including examinations, minor surgical interventions, orthopedic treatment, and resuscitation.
3. Documents and communicates assessment findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to medical/nursing staff.
4. Assists with keeping department areas clean, stocked, and orderly.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Education: Completion of an accredited EMT-Paramedic training program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state licensure as a Paramedic. Basic Life Support (BLS), and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) for Adult areas.
Required Work Experience: No experience required. Organizational Profile:
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL