Provides patient care under the direction of a physician, physician's assistant, and/or registered nurse.
1. Performs technical procedures as delegated, including but not limited to establishing IV access, performing ECGs and vital statistics/telemetry monitoring, collecting specimens, providing wound care, and transporting patients.
2. Assists physicians and nurses with performing medical procedures, including examinations, minor surgical interventions, orthopedic treatment, and resuscitation.
3. Documents and communicates assessment findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to medical/nursing staff.
4. Assists with keeping department areas clean, stocked, and orderly.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Education: Completion of an accredited EMT-Paramedic training program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state licensure as a Paramedic. Basic Life Support (BLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) for NICU, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for Pediatric areas and/or Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) for Adult areas.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.Organizational Profile:
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 85-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program (the busiest in South Florida), and more, to get patients “Back to Their MAX”
• Emergency Department
• Hospice Unit
• Laboratory Services
• Molecular Laboratory
• Podiatry Residency Program
• Surgical Services
• Women’s Imaging Center
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
• Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an “A” Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL