Under the supervision of an RN, performs basic patient care activities and continual one-on-one patient monitoring.
1. Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including but not limited to monitoring vital signs, EKG testing, phlebotomy, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
2. Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming, and eating.
3. Reports abnormal assessment findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff. 4. Assists with keeping patient rooms/areas stocked, clean and orderly.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Assistant, Practical Nursing, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Associate program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) with certifications for EKG and Phlebotomy program; OR LPN with EKG and Phlebotomy certifications, OR Patient Care Technician or Associate with EKG and Phlebotomy certifications OR Medical Assistant with CNA. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
Required Work Experience: No experience required.Organizational Profile:
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 85-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program (the busiest in South Florida), and more, to get patients “Back to Their MAX”
• Emergency Department
• Hospice Unit
• Laboratory Services
• Molecular Laboratory
• Podiatry Residency Program
• Surgical Services
• Women’s Imaging Center
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
• Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an “A” Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL