Under the supervision of an RN, performs basic patient care activities and continual one-on-one patient monitoring.
1. Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including but not limited to monitoring vital signs, EKG testing, phlebotomy, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
2. Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming, and eating.
3. Reports abnormal assessment findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
4. Assists with keeping patient rooms/areas stocked, clean and orderly.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Assistant, Practical Nursing, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Associate program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) with certifications for EKG and Phlebotomy program; OR LPN with EKG and Phlebotomy certifications, OR Patient Care Technician or Associate with EKG and Phlebotomy certifications OR Medical Assistant with CNA. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.Organizational Profile:
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL