Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
1. Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies. Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
2. Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
3. Passes instruments to physician during surgery. Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery.
4. Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year experience required.Organizational Profile:
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• Emergency Department
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Radiology and Imaging Services
• Memorial Ventilator Program
• New Vision Medical Stabilization
• Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
• Urgent Care Center
• Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
• Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association. Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Pembroke Pines, FL