Memorial Healthcare System is home to one of the most technologically advanced cardiovascular and electrophysiology labs in South Florida. Our Cardiac and Vascular Institute is ranked in the nation's top 1% of cardiovascular centers. We give our staff exposure to nationally acclaimed cardiologists who handle the complicated cases that demand innovation and the highest level of expertise. We encourage the constant development of skill and knowledge that make a difference in patient outcomes.
Notable procedures include:
- Ablation for Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Adult and Pediatric Congenital Specialties
- TAVR, MVR, and AAA Stent Graft Procedures
- Cardiac Device Implants
- Interventional and Neuro Interventional Radiology
During the CVIS procedure, provides highly technical pressure and EKG monitoring as well as scrubbing procedures to the patients in the Cath Lab.
1. Accurately accumulates and analyzes all hemodynamic data associated with CVIS procedures based upon the age of the patient assigned and correctly prepares and sets up all transducers prior to the procedure. Collects all chart data necessary to the procedure and enters it into the computer to produce a complete report. Correctly operates monitoring equipment, records all waveforms and informs physician of all abnormal readings. Thoroughly collects QI data on each patient Reviews each report at the end of the case for accuracy before filing and transferring to workstation.
2. Scrubs on all procedures in the CVIS and prepares all sterile trays for the Cardiac and Vascular Interventional Suites procedures according to standards.
3. Provides direct patient care pre and post procedure under supervision of an RN such as placing patient on appropriate monitoring equipment (EKG, NBP and pulse oximeter), removing arterial and venous sheaths, maintaining proper hemostasis and documents vital signs, giving pre/post teaching instructions.
4. Prepares and maintains equipment, supplies, and lab area. Provides clerical support as necessary.
5. Assists in transporting patients.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must be able to handle an emergency crisis and unpredictable situations. Must take call and work irregular hours as needed. Experience
Education: Graduate of a two year Cardiovascular Program or an equivalent.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: RCIS Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Advanced Care Life Support ( ACLS) Provider.
Required Work Experience: 3 years clinical experience in a related field.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL