Performs sonography in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
2. When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
4. Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registry eligible and within two years of graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or registered as a Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Vascular Technologist (RVT) by The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS or registered as a Technologist (RT) or registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), or registered as a Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Registered Vascular Sonography (RVS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Organizational Profile:
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Pembroke Pines, FL