Under the supervision of an RN, performs basic patient care activities and continual one-on-one patient monitoring.
1. Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including but not limited to monitoring vital signs, EKG testing, phlebotomy, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
2. Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming, and eating.
3. Reports abnormal assessment findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
4. Assists with keeping patient rooms/areas stocked, clean and orderly.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Assistant, Practical Nursing, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Associate program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) with certifications for EKG and Phlebotomy program; OR LPN with EKG and Phlebotomy certifications, OR Patient Care Technician or Associate with EKG and Phlebotomy certifications OR Medical Assistant with CNA. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Organizational Profile:
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• Emergency Department
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Radiology and Imaging Services
• Memorial Ventilator Program
• New Vision Medical Stabilization
• Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
• Urgent Care Center
• Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
• Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association. Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Pembroke Pines, FL