Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory. May mentor students and/or new hires.
1. Performs examination of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
2. Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
3. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
4. Serves as a resource to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Experience
Education: As required by Florida state licensure. Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State Licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist with qualification in the area of responsibility.
Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT).
One year experience working in a hospital laboratory in areas of Hematology and/or Chemistry is desirable. Organizational Profile:
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Pembroke Pines, FL