Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Care Officer for Community Health Alliance of Pasadena (ChapCare) is a key member of the executive team whose primary role is to inspire and lead the clinical staff for our growing Health Center, The goal of the CMO is to ensure timely access to high quality medical care for ChapCare patients through clinical systems improvements, recruitment and retention of providers, supervision of site Associate Medical Leads, and oversight of the quality improvement initiatives. Provides reports to Board of Directors regarding clinical and clinical administrative activities including patient service achievement. In addition, the Chief Medical Officer provides clinical expertise and leadership in the design and implementation of new projects and innovations at the Health Centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish, review and maintain medical policies and standards, which shall be reviewed at least annually. Review and approve all medical protocols used by the clinic.
- Assure the quality of medical/dental services provided to all patients in any community clinic operated by ChapCare directly or through subcontract.
- Establish and implement a system of professional peer review, pursuant to written procedures.
- Review credentials and delineates clinical privileges for the physi6ians, dentists and other licensed medical professionals providing services in the clinic.
- Interview and participate in hiring all licensed clinical personnel and participate in the annual performance review.
- Insure that a physician or registered nurse is present whenever medical services are provided.
- Ensure patient service, production, outcome goals are met for all physician and mid-level providers.
- With executive director, insure that all health personnel meet licensing, certification credentials or other legal requirements, and are qualified by training and experience to perform those services they are assigned to provide and that there is written documentation to substantiate that.
- Determine how ChapCare will engage with local hospital relationships on behalf of clinic patient population.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with partner organizations.
- Be responsible for the implementation of a quality improvement programs: (I) Develop/Update a written description of the structure and content (scope of care, services and activities); (2) Conduct and document monthly staff and Board meetings, as needed; (3) Develop and monitor activities; (4) Present written and oral reports to the Board as needed and required.
- Establish parameters for participation and monitor progress in business, personnel, quality and population management initiatives including Alternative Payment Methodology, Pay 4 Perfo1mance, Accountable Care Organizations, Patient Centered Medical Home, Healthcare Effectiveness Data and information Set (HEDIS), and others to be determined.
Qualifications for position
- Active California medical license, preferably in Family Practice or other primary care emphasis, in good standing with the Medical Quality Control Board of the State of California; and Board eligible.
- Supervises all primary and secondary medical personnel.
Skills and knowledge required
- Able to provide direct patient services to patients throughout the life cycle.
- Complete record keeping of patient care, including chart review and random chart audits for various programs.
- Able to conduct monthly clinician in-service training, peer review, and Quality Assurance monitoring.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with staff.
Prior experience required
- Five years of previous management experience is preferred.
- Able to relate well to the cultural and ethnic characteristics of the ChapCare community.
Amount of travel and any other special conditions or requirements
- May need to be available during evenings and weekends
Location/Region: Pasadena, CA (91103)