The Roseburg VA Healthcare System (RVAHCS) is actively recruiting a highly qualified Board-Certified Physician for Chief of Staff to help care for our Veterans – American’s Heroes. Roseburg VA Medical Center (RVAMC) consists of one Veterans Health Administration (VHA) facility located in Roseburg, OR, and three outpatient clinics. The Roseburg campus consists of 200 acres and 32 buildings for the 62,000 veterans who reside in Central and Southern Oregon and Northern California. Services include outpatient primary care, outpatient mental health, some specialty care, substance abuse residential rehabilitation, Home-Based Primary Care (HBPC), HUD/VASH (VA Supported Housing), and Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) programs.
The Roseburg VA Health Care System (RVAHCS), is an innovative organization that is actively in the process of expanding both our outpatient and inpatient geriatric services; this includes geriatric psychiatric services. RVAHCS is the VHA’s southern Oregon regional resource for geriatric services. RVAHCS is committed to implementing appropriate new and developing tele-health delivery options to meet the needs of our Veterans. In pursuit of our strategic goals, RVAHCS is seeking a highly skilled clinical leader that is proficient in change management and enjoys innovation, to become our Chief of Staff.
Roseburg VA Health Care System Vision Statement
The Roseburg VA Health Care System will be a leader and trusted partner in providing excellent Veteran Centered healthcare that is focused on the overall wellbeing of the Veteran. Through our emphasis on Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Geriatrics, and our Community Partnerships we will oversee and deliver quality care by using innovation and evidence-based practices. Roseburg VA Health Care System will exceed our patients’ expectations and improve experiences through excellent customer service, ease of healthcare transitions, and devotion to our Veterans.
As the Chief of Staff, the incumbent will function as a key member of the medical staff leadership team, actively participating in the development of overall management objectives and philosophies for a multi-service Medical Center. The incumbent is accountable to the Director of the Medical Center for the delivery of high quality, cost efficient, and safe care while meeting or exceeding performance goals and doing so with the highest ethical standards.
Collaborates with executive leadership, managerial and clinical leaders in policy development and resource planning for manpower, equipment and space. Acts as a clinical champion for performance improvement and team leader for projects requiring collaboration with multidisciplinary team members to drive change, improve patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Monitors and ensures medical staff compliance with agency regulations, medical staff bylaws, health care system policies, Joint Commission (JC) standards, and other accrediting agencies. Develops and maintains good working relationships with affiliates and promotes the professional development of all health care staff within the service.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, (Will be required to work evenings or weekends as a 24/7 Full-Time Physician).
•Must be U.S. Citizen
•Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in the U.S.
•Board Certification in Internal Medicine & Other Specialties
Roseburg is situated at the heart of the Hundred Valleys of the Umpqua in scenic, Southwestern Oregon. On Interstate 5, it is 67 miles south of the state's second largest city, Eugene, and 123 miles north of the California border. Traveling by State Highway 38/138 or 42, Roseburg is about 80 miles inland from the Pacific coastal communities Reedsport and Coos Bay. Highway 138 continues east from the city along the North Umpqua River. It is 79 miles to Diamond Lake at the summit of the Oregon Cascades and just 20 miles more to Crater Lake National Park. Excellent public schools and two 2-year community college are also an asset.
Roseburg’s Douglas County is quickly becoming known as Oregon’s premier wine country producing some of the best and notable wines in the country! There are over 20 wineries within the Umpqua Valley area producing some of the finest American wines. The rolling hills throughout this region are not only beautiful, but ideal for growing a vast selection of wine grapes. The stunning landscape mixed with the mild, wet winters and Mediterranean-style summers that cycle through the Umpqua Valley create flavor profiles completely unique to the area.
The Roseburg Farmers Market is a popular destination from May until October providing a selection of bakery treats, flowers and plans, creative arts, and craft items. The choices for endless opportunities for year-round outdoor adventures include fishing, hunting, hiking, horseback riding, boating, canoeing, and camping. For the young and the young at heart, there’s BMX racing, disc golf, and skateboarding. And the fun extends throughout the winter, too, with downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling.
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Physician will be competitive with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 12 weeks of maternity or paternity leave, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
Please forward copy of your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to Henry "Hank" Laguatan, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
Location/Region: Roseburg, OR (97471)