Bennington, VT, VA Healthcare
Medical Director, Outpatient Clinic, CBOC
The White River Junction VA Medical Center is actively seeking a board-certified Physician in Internal Medicine or Family Practice. The incumbent will join a team providing comprehensive, compassionate healthcare in the Bennington Primary Care Outpatient Clinic with service to the State of Vermont Veterans Home. The panel of patients will include both male and female veterans with acute and chronic illnesses. The incumbent is also expected to participate in implementing/sustaining the VA
The Medical Director will provide management and leadership of interdisciplinary patient care services within the Primary Care setting. This position is 80% clinical and 20% administration/management. The Medical Director will work in conjunction with the Nurse Manager to oversee the daily operations of the clinic and will be the first line supervisor for physicians and nurse practitioners assigned to the clinic. The Medical Director will participate in strategic and operational planning, establish workload targets, and review staffing and workload utilization and monitor performance measures.
Candidates must be board-certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine with leadership experience and have administrative capabilities.
Scope of practice will be within the Primary Care division of the General Medicine Service Line. The incumbent will demonstrate a high level of flexibility and commitment to meet the needs of a complex evolving patient care system and will advocate for quality patient care.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, with extended hours one day per week (10:30 - 7:00 PM)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not require
The following incentives may be available to a highly qualified candidate:
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus)
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance):
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 11 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
Location/Region: White River Junction, VT (05009)