Sanford Laboratories is seeking a BE/BC Clinical Pathologist to join us as Medical Director of the Reference Laboratories.
• The scope of testing performed at the laboratories include chemistry, toxicology, hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, virology and microbiology
• Successful candidates will provide guidance for all clinical pathology testing and quality initiatives across the entire Sanford Health System in collaboration with the existing team of pathologists and doctoral scientists
• The Medical Director will be engaged in all functions of the Reference Labs including serving as a consultant and resource for operations, quality and client support teams
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience or formal training in microbiology or transfusion medicine
• Previous director experience with at least 3 years of post-training clinical practice is desired, but recent graduates with a strong clinical pathology background will be considered
• Nationally competitive salary with a comprehensive benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, Paid CME, & PTO, Malpractice, Disability, Relocation Allowance
SANFORD HEALTH SYSTEM
Sanford Health, one of the largest health systems in the United States, is dedicated to the integrated delivery of health care, genomic medicine, senior care and services, global clinics, research and affordable insurance. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the organization includes 44 hospitals, 1,400 physicians and more than 200 Good Samaritan Society senior care locations in 26 states and nine countries.
ABOUT SANFORD HEALTH IN SIOUX FALLS
• 545-bed hospital
• Large referral area
• Research opportunities
• Serving a city population of 250,000
SIOUX FALLS COMMUNITY
Sioux Falls is one of the fastest growing areas in the Midwest. As the largest city in the state, it balances an excellent quality of life and strong economy with a safe, clean living environment. The cost of living is competitive and South Dakota has no state income tax. Sioux Falls offers amenities of a community twice its size such as fine dining, shopping, arts, sports and nightlife.
Location/Region: Sioux Falls, SD (57117)