Mercy Clinics is seeking a BE/BC Palliative Care Physician to join a growing Palliative Care program serving patients across the healthcare spectrum. The position offers competitive compensation with 401K match, sign-on bonus, and paid malpractice.
- Mixture of Inpatient and Outpatient Coverage
- Leadership opportunities available
- Multidisciplinary team including Nurse Practitioners and certified Palliative Care Nurses
- Solid support services such as Mercy Home Care, Mercy Hospice, and Mercy Center for Pain
- Focus in palliative care education with both patients and their families
- Close collaboration with Richard Deming Cancer Center and Iowa Heart Center
- Academic appointment with IM/FM Residencies and Des Moines University
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a Level II Trauma center that has been faithfully serving the community since 1893. We operate 4 not for profit Catholic Medical Centers and two specialty Hospitals with a total of 875 beds. And we are ONE of many here in Iowa. Our parent organization, MercyOne Iowa has 420 care locations including 18 owned Hospitals and 25 affiliated Medical Centers meeting the needs of Iowans across the state. For the second consecutive year MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center has been named to the Becker’s Healthcare list of “100 great hospitals in America”.
Greater Des Moines is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live with low cost of living and strong job market. Spend Saturdays at the nationally-renowned Downtown Farmers' Market and afternoons strolling in the Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Bike to the job you love and come home to the community of friends and family. Enjoy abundant trails for walking, running and biking. The Des Moines metro is known for top-notch schools, clean and safe neighborhoods. Cultural events, music and art festivals, the Iowa State Fair and Iowa Cubs games at Principal Park are just a few attractions Des Moines has to offer. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities can grow, where a work/life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched and award-winning arts and entertainment is always just around the corner. Live life without compromise. For more of what Des Moines has to offer check out www.catchdesmoines.com and www.dsmpartnership.com
Location/Region: Des Moines, IA (50314)